php hit counter The Everpresent Wordsnatcher: Woohoohoo!
“you mean you have other words?” cried the bird happily. “well, by all means, use them.”

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Woohoohoo!

One of my longtime dreams has today been realized: Today I sang in harmony with myself. Four parts. Barbershop. My brother downloaded a trial version of Adobe Audition (a pretty neat piece of software), and he's got all sorts of random sound equipment he's collected over the years, so I decided that The Time Had Come.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Jeff Russell, Jeff Russell, Jeff Russell, and Jeff Russell, singing an arrangement by Jeff Russell. Jeff Russell directed, and the recording engineer is Jeff Russell. Special thanks to Brian Russell.

Kinda spooky, no?

For those interested, this eight track (the four parts are all doubled), one minute song took something like forty minutes of recording time, and with a total novice in the driver's seat, around two and a half hours of mixing. Besides some basic balancing, I filtered noise, added reverb, and did some pitch correction (pitch correction is fun!). The quality's not exactly professional (and it's in mono), but speaking as a wet-nosed newbie with no equipment outside of a PC, one mic, one amp, and some free software, this really ain't so hard as I thought--Testimony, consider the Knoll again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home